LAO RED CROSS
As an auxiliary to the Government, Lao Red Cross conducts activities within a range of programmes including emergency response, water and sanitation, health, disaster preparedness and risk reduction, livelihoods, first aid, HIV/AIDS, dissemination of humanitarian values, tracing and youth.
In September 2002 Lao Red Cross and its key partners signed the region’s first Cooperation Agreement Strategy. Lao Red Cross works in collaboration with a number of ministries, and has a memorandum of understanding (MOU) or development contracts with a number of National Societies in support of its programmes.
Lao Red Cross
Lao Red Cross Conducts Needs Assessment for Recovery Phase of Attapeu Emergency Operation | 15-25 March 2019 | Attapeu, Lao PDR15 March - 25 March
Lao Red Cross Reviews Effectiveness of Attapeu Flash Floods Emergency Response Operation | 14 March 2019 | Attapeu, Lao PDR14 March
- 23 July , 2018 - 30 July , 2018
Advanced Training Course on E-WASH Response and Preparedness | 19-23 March 2018 | Luang Prabang, Lao PDR19 March , 2018 - 23 March , 2018
Lao Red Cross Conducts Emergency WASH Training for Volunteers | 26 February – 3 March 2018 | Champasak, Lao PDR26 February , 2018 8:00 am - 3 March , 2018 5:00 pm UTC+7
Lao Red Cross Holds Lessons Learned and Closure Workshop for School Safety Project | 26 February 2018 | Vientiane, Lao PDR26 February , 2018
- 24 April , 2017 - 27 April , 2017
National Disaster Response Team (NDRT) training with a focus on gender and diversity | 27-31 March 2017 | Lao PDR27 March , 2017 - 31 March , 2017
- 22 March , 2017 - 24 March , 2017
- 22 March , 2017 - 24 March , 2017
Workshop on Communication Strategy for Blood Donation of Lao National Blood Transfusion Centre | 13-17 March 2017 | Lao PDR13 March , 2017 - 17 March , 2017
- 21 February , 2017
- 13 January , 2017 - 17 January , 2017
- 14 January , 2017
Epidemic Control for Volunteers (ECV) Training for Community Volunteers in the Highest Malaria and Dengue Prevalence District | 19-21 December 2016 | Lao PDR29 December , 2016 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+7
Community-Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA): Mosquito Borne Diseases and Vector Control and Epidemic Control for Volunteers | 14-16 December 2016 | Lao PDR14 December , 2016 - 16 December , 2016
Youth as Agents of Behavioural Change (YABC) Peer Educators Training | 12-16 December 2016 | Lao PDR12 December , 2016 - 16 December , 2016
Southeast Asia Behavior Change Training: Risks, Attitude, Norms, Abilities and Self Regulation (RANAS) Approach | 8-9 November 2016 | Cambodia8 November , 2016 8:00 am - 9 November , 2016 5:00 pm UTC+7
- 5 April , 2016 8:00 am - 8 April , 2016 5:00 pm UTC+7
- 17 February , 2016 8:00 am - 18 February , 2016 5:00 pm UTC+7
- 29 July , 2015 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+7
- 25 March , 2013 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+7
Branch Offices: 18 provincial offices (chapters) with 92 district branches.
Date Established: Formed: 1 January 1955; Recognized by ICRC: 23 May 1957; admitted into IFRC: 20 October 1957.
IFRC Country Delegation? No.
Key persons: President: Mr. Khamhoung Heuangvongsy, Vice-President: Thongphachan Sonnasinh, Vice-President: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sing Menorath
Legal Status: Lao Red Cross was officially recognised as an independent National Red Cross Society following the politiburo Decree of December 1992 and the Prime Ministerial Decree of December 1993. A further Decree in 1999 (Prime Minister 138/PM, dated 13 May 2013) approved the role and status of the Lao Red Cross and defined a clear organizational structure at the headquarters and branches.
Major Partners: International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners: French Red Cross, German Red Cross, Luxembourg Red Cross, Swiss Red Cross, Korean Red Cross, Red Cross Society of China, Japanese Red Cross, Viet Nam Red Cross, Thai Red Cross.
Program Overview: Blood service is implemented throughout the whole country (18 Provinces).
- Legal Preparedness for Responding to Disasters and Communicable Disease Emergencies: Study Report
- Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRR) Manual in Lao PDR
- Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Volunteer Manual (Version 2.0) August 2011
- Assessment Form: Needs Assessment when a Disaster Occurs (in Lao)
- Assessment Form – In time of Disaster: Household Characteristics (in Lao)
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH)
- IEC materials for health promotion in water sanitation and hygiene series (practical information guide) in English
- The Sanitation Ladder – Photo story
- Poster: Hygiene promotion (in Lao language)
- Poster: Hand washing (in Lao language)
- Poster: How to prepare oral rehydration salts (in Lao language)
- Poster: Safe eating: Cleanliness and food hygiene (in Lao language)
Document library - Lao