THAI RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Thai Red Cross Society was established as the Red Unalom Society in 1893, in the reign of King Chulalongkorn, to provide relief to the victims of the territorial conflicts along the borders of Thailand and French Indochina. It was later renamed the Thai Red Cross Society and became a member of the International Federation in 1921.
The Thai Red Cross Society endeavors to alleviate human suffering, promote international humanitarian law, and provide health services to the most vulnerable among children, women and the aged in four areas – medical and health-care services, disaster preparedness and response, blood transfusion services and social welfare and quality of life promotion.
Thai Red Cross Society
- 25 August , 2020 - 28 August , 2020
- 10 June , 2019 - 11 June , 2019
- 12 March , 2018 - 16 March , 2018
Regional Meeting on Building Stronger TB and TB/HIV Community Partnerships for Advocacy in Asia and the Pacific | 23-25 January 2018 | Bangkok, Thailand23 January , 2018 - 25 January , 2018
- 27 December , 2017 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+7
Branch Offices: 76 branches with 240 sub-branches
Date Established: Established: 26 April 1893. Officially recognised by ICRC: 27 May 1920. Accepted as a member of IFRC: 08 April 1921.
Funding: Income: 20,686,798,276.22 THB. Expenditure: 15,416,378,567.93 THB
IFRC Country Delegation? No
Key Persons: President: H.M. Queen SIRIKIT. Executive Vice-President: H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. Secretary General: Mr. Phan WANNAMETHEE
Legal Status: The Thai Red Cross Society is registered as a juristic person. Thai Red Cross Society Act (5th revision) of 2008 “A juristic entity undertaking humanitarian charitable activities in keeping with the Fundamental Principles of Red Cross, the Thai Red Cross Society is thus eligible for state budget support” (Article 3)”.
People Reached: 4,837,740
Volunteers: 1,195,222 volunteers (of which 70,539 are youth, 152,660 volunteers from Provincial Red Cross Chapters, 11,851 volunteers from Red Cross Volunteers Bureau, 960,172 registered volunteers in the database.)
Major Partners: International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners
- Be Prepared for Natural Disasters With Mr. Radar!!
- Community-based Psychosocial Support – Participants Book [in Thai]
- Community-based Psychosocial Support – Trainers Book [in Thai]
- Manual for Leaders on Community-based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRR) [in Thai]
- A guide to Community-based Disaster Reduction [in Thai]: Part I | Part II.
1) Assessment Analysis
Stories from the Fields: Resilience and Solidarity in Thailand’s 2011 Floods – Thai Red Cross Society
- Thai Red Cross Volunteers’ Handbook [in Thai]
- A Participatory Approach for the Discovery and Control of Village Health Concerns [in Thai]
- Information brochure on water purification unit [in Thai and English]
Document library - Thailand