Purpose: It is designed to raise public awareness for families and communities, especially those are vulnerable to floods in Laos.
Overview: This is a collection of screen shots but it highlights key points and shows that this was developed by the national Laotian agencies, GTZ, EU and ADPC. The booklet includes four parts:
- General information of floods
- Causes of flood: natural and human causes
- Effects of flood: positive and negative effects
- Prevention and response to floods: before, during and after flood.
Audience: Communication staff, Volunteers, Youth
You might be interested in these resources:
- Lao Red Cross – Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Programme: Guideline for selection of Red Cross Volunteer
- Humanitarian Diplomacy in Action – Myanmar Red Cross Society