The regional perspective
HIV continues to thrive amid inequality and disparity. Achieving equitable access to treatment for key populations at higher risk of HIV remains an unmet challenge of the global HIV response.
In 2012, around 9.7 million people had access to the lifesaving treatment, representing only one-third of those eligible. Access to testing and lack of knowledge of one’s HIV status are the biggest barriers to accessing treatment.
The Red Cross Red Crescent formidable strength is the capacity to undertake direct action at community and family levels, while building sustainable community systems to strengthen integrated service delivery and community resilience overall. Our HIV strategy focuses on community-led initiatives to scale-up HIV services and seek out the most vulnerable people. Through our vast network of volunteers living in remote communities in every corner of the globe, we promote community-based HIV prevention, care, treatment and support interventions.
For more information, visit this link [to www.ifrc.org]
- Philippine Red Cross HIV/AIDS Campaign
- Gender and HIV
- Youth volunteers supporting people with HIV/AIDS – Cambodia Red Cross Society – Siem Reap Branch
- Audio visual: Cambodian Red Cross cooperation with Australian Red Cross highlighting HIV programme
- Audio visual: AIDS and the impact on older people
- Lao Red Cross: Working in Partnership with People Living with HIV – Stories from the field
Regional Meeting on Building Stronger TB and TB/HIV Community Partnerships for Advocacy in Asia and the Pacific | 23-25 January 2018 | Bangkok, Thailand23 January , 2018 - 25 January , 2018
- 14 November , 2017 8:00 am - 3 December , 2017 5:00 pm UTC+7
28th Asian Red Cross and Red Crescent HIV/AIDS Network Meeting & Capacity Building Workshop | 29 November-2 December 2016 | Jakarta, Indonesia29 November , 2016 8:00 am - 2 December , 2016 5:00 pm UTC+7
- 25 November , 2016 - 1 December , 2016
- 1 December , 2016
World AIDS Day 2016 by Philippines Red Cross
A video made for the occasion of World AIDS Day 2016 highlighting being against discrimination of HIV-infected people in workplaces.
“What does every human being want?“ an advocacy video describing the experience of children growing up with HIV.
“What a mother truly wants?“ an advocacy video describing the right and ability of women living with HIV to have HIV-uninfected babies.