The 28th Asian Red Cross and Red Crescent HIV/AIDS Network (ART) Annual Meeting & Capacity Building Workshop was held in Jakarta, Indonesia, from 29 November to 2 December 2016.
The ART was established as part of the overall response to the recommendations enshrined in the Beijing Declaration, signed by all National Societies attending the IV Asia Pacific Conference in May 1993. ART is a regional network of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ HIV and AIDS professionals, from South East and East Asia. ART assists to strengthen National Red Cross / Red Crescent Society capacities to deliver and sustain scaled-up HIV programmes which seek to promote the respect of Human Rights in all aspects through the:
- Prevention of further HIV infections
- Expanding HIV care, treatment, and support
- Reducing HIV stigma and discrimination
ART collaborates and cooperates with the Federation and its representatives, Asia Pacific Network of PLHIV (APN+) and other networks in responding to the requests and needs of National Societies in developing strategies and activities which focus on HIV and AIDS within the region.
To learn more about Cambodian Red Cross HIV programme, see this external link.
Objectives of the Meeting:
- To provide operational & financial updates of the Network
- To finalize future plans & directions of the network
- To provide capacity building to ART members
This meeting provided an opportunity for current network officers to report the 2016 ART progress and financial report. This meeting also finalized the networks’ 2017 plans and budget. This year, IFRC supported the meeting in providing capacity building sessions geared towards providing update programmatic activities of IFRC related to HIV prevention.
The meeting was hosted by the Indonesian Red Cross, funded from ART funds and with the contribution of the IFRC. ART Funds comprise of the Annual Contribution of ART Member NS and from the financial support of Japanese Red Cross Society.
The event consisted of:
- Day 1: Capacity Building Workshop
- Day 2: Discussion about ART progress report / operational activities / financial report/ highlights of NS activities in 2016.
- Day 3: 12th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP)/IAS participation report/ Harm reduction training Re-Echo 2016/ ART review and revised TOR and approval
- Day 4: Discussion about the management, visibility, fund raising, proposal development and planning for the 29th ART meeting and evaluation of the ART meeting.
Workshop documents or presentations:
- Introduction to HIV in emergencies [ppt, 0.9 MB]
- Community-based service delivery model [ppt, 1 MB]
- Activity-based costing for health programmes [ppt, 0.5 MB]
- Progress Report of ART 2016 [ppt, 0.09 MB]
- Participation report of 12th International Conference on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific [pdf, 1.9 MB]
- Sharing Experiences HIV Project networking of PMI East Jakarta [pdf, 1.5 MB]
- Participation report of 21st International AIDS Conference [pdf, 5 MB]
- Care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS Lao Red Cross Report Jan – Jun 2016 [pdf, 1.5 MB]
For more information, contact: Dr. Pornsak Khortwong at Pornsak.email@example.com