The powerpoint presentation discusses about:
- Resilience as an integrated approach
- Relevance of climate change in urban DRR
- PAPE and climate smart participatory approaches
- PAPE approaches to communicating climate change
The presentation discusses about community participatory methods, making community risk reduction plan climate smart, etc.
Climate Change and PAPE design: When to talk about climate change?
- Climate change is not always relevant to all urban contexts
- Putting too much emphasis on climate change can lead to people attributing all their problems to climate change!
- Even when climate change is an issue, it may not be appropriate to go into much detail
- Participatory methods of PAPE approach are key
Usage: Guidance for implementation
Audience: National Society staff and volunteers
- Introduction to Behavior Change Communication (BCC) (see the powerpoint presentation)
- Linkage to PAPE (see the powerpoint presentation)
- Key Approaches in PAPE (see the powerpoint presentation)
- Key messages / How to develop effective and consistent messages (see the powerpoint presentation)
- Theories of behavior change (see the powerpoint presentation)
- Community Engagement Approach (see the powerpoint presentation on community participation and community engagement and accountability)
- Innovative PAPE/BCC strategies: Orientation to positive deviance (Conceptual game and story) | Use of social media to reinforce PAPE campaigns
- Monitoring and evaluation of PAPE campaign (see the powerpoint presentation)
You might be interested in these resources:
- Use of Social Media to Reinforce PAPE Campaigns
- Monitoring and evaluation for BCC: Ensuring our BCC interventions are on track