This document aims at providing National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies with an overview of some dedicated funding sources for climate change. The guide also provides some basic information on how to access these funds.
Climate finance refers to: “finance flowing to developing countries, including support for mitigation, adaptation, ‘climate’ policy and capacity building”1 (UNEP BFI CCWG).
This document is divided into three main parts:
- The first section provides a brief overview of the current climate finance landscape.
- The second section explains in more detail different funding opportunities that are available to the Red Cross Red Crescent and provides guidance on accessing different funds.
- The third section provides tips to bear in mind when writing a funding proposal.
Usage: Guideline for writing proposal
Audience: Technical staff
You might be interested in these resources:
- IFRC Plan of Action Climate Change 2013 – 2016
- How to Engage with National Adaptation Plans: Guidance for National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies