ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance on disaster management (AHA Centre) was established on 17 November 2011 by all the 10 Member States ASEAN: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam, as the operational coordination body and engine of ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response (AADMER).
The centre was set up to facilitate the cooperation and coordination among ASEAN member states and with the United Nations and international organizations for disaster management and emergency response in the ASEAN region. The Terms of Reference of the AHA Centre is annexed on AADMER.
The AHA Centre receives all its overall strategic guidance from the ASEAN Committee on Disaster Management (ACDM), which consists of the heads of representatives of the 10 National Disaster Management Offices of ASEAN Member States. For more information, visit AHA Centre website.
- Joint Action Plan for Technical Collaboration between Red Cross Red Crescent Societies and ASEAN Humanitarian Assistance (AHA) Centre
- ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response (AADMER)
- ASEAN’s Standard Operating Procedure for Regional Standby Arrangements and Coordination of Joint Disaster Relief and Emergency Response Operations – SASOP
- AHA Centre Presentation (describing its roles and collaboration with IFRC)
AHA Centre Executive (ACE) Programme
With the support from the Government of Japan through Japan – ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF), the Programme was implemented in 2014 and in 2015. With three batches planned the ACE Programme targets to generate 60 new disaster management champions across ASEAN.
Read more more about ACE Programme: Link to AHA Centre ACE Programme overview
2018 Southeast Asia Disaster Risk Governance Academic Seminar | 24-25 September 2018 | Bangkok, Thailand24 September , 2018 - 25 September , 2018
AHA Centre Executive (ACE) Programme 2018 Red Cross Red Crescent Induction | 20-24 August 2018 | Jakarta, Indonesia20 August , 2018 - 24 August , 2018
- 6 July , 2018 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+7
32nd Meeting of the ASEAN Committee on Disaster Management | 26-28 June 2018 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia26 June , 2018 - 28 June , 2018
- 30 May , 2018 - 31 May , 2018