- WatSan Disaster Response Kits Standard Operating Procedures (2010)
IFRC: Water Sanitation Policy
WEDC: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Understanding – A technical brief outlining the main issues of hygiene understanding and its important role in water and sanitation projects.
IFRC: Water and Sanitation Disaster Response Manual for kits 5 & 10 – providing water treatment, supply, distribution and trucking and basic sanitation for 5,000 or 10,000 beneficiaries.
Advanced Training Course on E-WASH Response and Preparedness | 19-23 March 2018 | Luang Prabang, Lao PDR19 March - 23 March
- 12 March - 16 March
Lao Red Cross Conducts Emergency WASH Training for Volunteers | 26 February – 3 March 2018 | Champasak, Lao PDR26 February 8:00 am - 3 March 5:00 pm UTC+7
Training on emergency WASH response and preparedness for Red Cross volunteers | 25-26 Oct 2017 | Champasak Province, Lao PDR25 October , 2017 8:00 am - 26 October , 2017 5:00 pm UTC+7
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies (E-WASH) Training | 20-22 and 25-26 Sep 2017 | Oudomxay Province, Laos20 September , 2017 8:00 am - 26 September , 2017 5:00 pm UTC+7
CHAST, CTC, and PHAST
Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation (PHAST)
- IFRC presentations on overviews of PHAST [English]: Step 1 to 3, Step 4 to 7 | [Burmese]: step 1 to 7
– Complete Manual: English | Burmese
– PHAST part I – Introduction to PHAST: Purpose, overview, usage, background concepts, how to be a facilitator
– PHAST part II – Step-by-step activities (step 1 to 7)
– PHAST part III – Making a toolkit: Guidelines for PHAST facilitators and programme managers
– PHAST for the Control of Diarrhoeal Diseases
– PHAST Baseline Survey
– PHAST Monitoring Checklist
– PHAST Toolkit (picture posters): Step 1 | Step 2 | Step 3 | Step 4 | Step 5 | Step 6
- A participatory approach for the Discovery and Control of Village Health Concerns (PHAST) (in Thai)
- IFRC: Household water treatment and safe storage in emergencies: A field manual for Red Cross and Red Crescent personnel and volunteers (The manual is also available in Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese (simplified), Burmese, Vietnamese)
Myanmar RC, et al: Jar Test Kit Manual [Burmese]
Unicef: Water Safety Plan [Burmese]
- Abbot: Hand Dug Wells: Choice of Technology and Construction Manual
- WEDC Technical Notes #1: Cleaning and Disinfecting Wells
- WEDC Technical Notes #2: Cleaning and Disinfecting Boreholes
- LMS water purification unit instruction manual [Burmese]
- Myanmar RC, IFRC, Norwegian RC: Em Wat water purification unit manual [Burmese]
- Thailand: Information Brochure on Water Purification Unit [Thai and English]
Plan International: Low-Cost Latrine Design [Burmese]
Department of Water Affairs and Forestry South Africa: Options for Dealing with Full Pits
GWI West Africa: A Practical Guide for Building a Simple Pit Latrine
Monvois, et al: How to Select Appropriate Technical Solutions for Sanitation
WEDC Technical Notes #10: Hygiene Promotion in EmergenciesUnicef WASH Cluster 2007: Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies
- Simple Hygiene and Sanitation Practices
Myanmar: WASH Program baseline survey in Wundwin and Myittha Townships, Mandalay Region, funded by Korean Red Cross and Samsung, conducted by Myanmar Red Cross and IFRC.
- IFRC: WatSan Mission Assistant – It is a wiki and contains a lot of information you could use.
- IFRC: WatSan page on FedNet, IFRC’s own intranet. To access the page, you will have to sign-up for FedNet.
- IFRC: Getting the Balance Right A Red Cross Red Crescent Call to Address the Imbalance between Sanitation and Water
- Peter Harvey, Sohrab Baghri and Bob Reed. Emergency Sanitation: Assessment and Programme Design, Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC), Loughborough University, UK, 2002. (ISBN paperback 1 84380 005 5)
- Sarah House and Bob Reed. Emergency Water Resources: Guidelines for Selection and Treatment, Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) Loughborough University, UK, 1997. (ISBN 0 906055 50 4)
- Peter Harvey et. al., Excreta Disposal in Emergencies: A Field Manual, An Inter-Agency Publication, Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) Loughborough University UK, 2007. (ISBN 978 1 84380 113 9)
- Erik Rottier and Margaret Ince. Controlling and Preventing Disease: The Role of Water and Environmental Sanitation Interventions, Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC), Loughborough University, 2003. (ISBN Paperback 0 906055 90 3)
- The Johns Hopkins and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Public Health Guide for Emergencies, 2nd Ed., 2008.
- World Health Organization Technical Notes for Emergencies at the Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) in Loughborough University