The work book provides information for students at intermediate level on disasters, climate change, what to do before, during and after disasters. There are explanations on survival kit, staying safe and sanitation.
This work book follows the Disaster Management Law of Philippines (RA10121) and support ‘Prioritizing the mainstream of DRR in the School System’. The work book is a part of Philippine Red Cross’s 143 Programme, which promotes community based sets of volunteers with specific tasks who can be mobilized during disaster and non-disaster times.
Usage: The workbook will be useful in both formal and informal teaching by giving information in a fun way to students.
Audience: National Society staff, volunteers, youth, students
- Get Ready for Disasters: Workbook for Primary Students [English] [Filipino]
- Get Ready for Disasters Flip Charts for Teachers: Philippine Red Cross [English] [Filipino]
- Get Ready for Disasters Flip Charts for Volunteers: Philippine Red Cross [English] [Filipino]
You might be interested in these resources:
- Get Ready for Disasters: Workbook for Primary Students
- Community Early Warning Systems: Guiding Principles