The work book provides information for children and students at elementary level on disasters, climate change, what to do before, during and after disasters. There are explanations on survival kit, staying safe and sanitation.
This work book follows the Disaster Management Law of Philippines (RA10121) and support ‘Prioritizing the mainstream of DRR in the School System’. The work book is a part of Philippine Red Cross’s 143 Programme, which promotes community based sets of volunteers with specific tasks who can be mobilized during disaster and non-disaster times.
Usage: The workbook will be useful in both formal and informal teaching by giving information in a fun way to children and students.
Audience: National Society staff, volunteers, youth and students
The workbook is also available in Filipino / Tagalog.
- Get Ready for Disasters: Workbook for Intermediate Students [English] [Filipino]
- Get Ready for Disasters Flip Charts for Teachers: Philippine Red Cross [English] [Filipino]
- Get Ready for Disasters Flip Charts for Volunteers: Philippine Red Cross [English] [Filipino]
You might be interested in these resources:
- Project/Programme Planning – Guidance Manual 2010
- Get Ready for Disasters: Workbook for Intermediate Students