The brief details the most significant change as the findings from the evaluation conducted in Disaster Preparedness for Safer Schools Project, Nepal, by American Red Cross and Nepal Red Cross Society.
Evaluation findings: The most significant changes involve:
- Preparedness skills valued above hazard knowledge,
- first aid training,
- child-to-adult approach,
- appropriate time of trainings and number of trainees,
- sustainability strategy,
- vulnerability and capacity assessment (VCA)/Disaster Preparedness plan,
- outreach to private schools.
Usage: Guidance for implementation
Target: National Society school safety practitioners
You might be interested in these resources:
- Evaluation findings – Disaster Preparedness for Safer School Project in Bangladesh
- Evaluation Findings [brief] – Disaster Preparedness for Safer Schools Project, Nepal