Supported by the ASEAN Safe School Initiative (ASSI), the workshop is aimed at providing a platform for ASEAN Member States (AMSs) to discuss about the region’s participation at the ASEAN Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR), in the past and forthcoming to determine regional key messages, discuss possible platforms to raise the messages or call for actions, strategies, preparations for white papers, statements, and policy briefs. Furthermore, the workshop also provided a platform for discussions on an enabling environment where ASEAN CSOs continue engaging and contributing to the implementation of AWP 2.0.
The workshop specifically aimed to gather AMS’ focal points on school safety and ASEAN civil society organisations and other actors that have worked in school safety and relevant sectors (children & youth, climate change adaptation, other vulnerable groups, resilience, etc) in alignment with AWP 2.0. The outcome of this workshop is expected to be advocated during AMCDRR through 10 ASEAN governments’ delegates and other non‐state actors.
More details about the event are provided in the following documents:
- UNISDR: Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
- Overview of ASEAN Achievement Towards AADMER Work Programme 2016-2020
- Indonesia: National Initiative on Safe Schools
- IFRC Southeast Asia Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies School Safety Mapping
- ASEAN Safe School Initiative: Achievement
- Thailand: National Initiatives on School Safety
- Asia Pacific Coalition for School Safety (APCSS)
- ASEAN Stakeholders’ Key Messages for the AMCDRR 2018