The guidance sheet on Humanitarian Diplomacy Policy focuses on the objectives of an achievable and effective humanitarian diplomacy for National Societies and the International Federation.
The policy refers to these steps as the four signposts for action. They are:
1. The responsibility to persuade;
2. Persuading with the appropriate diplomatic tools and actions;
3. Focusing on areas of knowledge and expertise; and
4. Engaging at appropriate times with partners outside the Movement.
• What is Humanitarian Diplomacy Policy?
• Statement of each individual National Society and the International Federation roles and responsibilities for advocating humanitarian diplomacy policy
• Performance evaluation of the policy
Usage: Policy development
Audience: National Society leadership
You might be interested in these resources:
- Humanitarian Diplomacy: A Red Cross Red Crescent Perspective
- Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society News (August to December 2015)