Purpose: Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) serves as a vehicle for integrated delivery of adaptation support and disaster risk reduction. The document is aimed to share experiences and working approaches to address disaster reduction and climate change.
Overview: The document outlines information on changing climate and the need to build resilience in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) efforts against climate change. Main contents include:
- Danger from climate change
- Collective international response and frameworks to adress climate change and DRR such as Hyogo Framework for Actions, World Bank’s Strategic Framework for Development and Climate Change.
- Roles, approaches of GFDRR, and the progress of its projects all over the world: in Africa, East Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribean, Europe and Central Asia, Middle East and North Africa and South Asia.
- The way forward
Usage: Learning from experience
Audience: Technical staff
You might be interested in these resources:
- Climate Change Vulnerability Mapping for Southeast Asia
- The social Dimensions of Adaptation to Climate Change in Vietnam