Purpose: The document outlines the Cambodian Red Cross Disaster Management Departments (DMD) strategic plan for the period 2008-2012, which is aimed to improve the lives of vulnerable and disaster affected people by delivering a number of key services to those most in need. DMD outlines five strategic objectives, which provide a realistic foundation on which to base the DMD’s annual programme work and to conduct that work in a more holistic and balanced way
Overview: The DMDSP illustrates how, through using the Red Cross network, the DMD will work toward supporting the National Society’s vision of improving the lives of vulnerable people; and enhance household and community resilience. Major contents includes:
- Summary, Introduction, Guiding principles on the design of the DMD plan, DMD mission statement and strategic objectives
- The disaster management work of Cambodian Red Cross
- Five strategic objectives: consisting Alliance building, Disaster Response Capacity, Resilience Building, Advocacy; Human Resource, Organization and Branch Development.
- Stakeholders, expected results and conclusion.
Usage: National Society Leadership, Guidance for project implementation
Audience: Technical staff, Human resources, Communication staff, Volunteers
For the Structure of DMD, click here Structure 2010
You might be interested in these resources:
- Cambodia Strategic Direction 1: Contributing to saving lives and building resilience to disasters and crises (Cambodia Red Cross)
- Disaster Management Law (First Draft) March 2012