CAMBODIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY
Cambodian Red Cross is the largest humanitarian organization in Cambodia. It was formed in 1955 and admitted into the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) six years later.
Cambodian Red Cross
- 12 December , 2017 - 14 December , 2017
Gender and Diversity Approaches to Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment Training | 4-8 December 2017 | Kampong Chhnang | Cambodia4 December , 2017 - 8 December , 2017
- 13 June , 2017 8:00 am - 15 June , 2017 5:00 pm UTC+7
- 5 February , 2017 - 12 February , 2017
- 2 February , 2017
Branch Offices: 25 branches across the provinces
Date Established: Formed on 18 February 1955, recognised by ICRC on 7 October 1960, admitted into IFRC on 8 October 1960
Funding: Since its inception, the capacity and self-sufficiency of the CRC has increased significantly. While twenty years ago the majority of donations came from international donors, most funding now comes from local donors within the country.
IFRC Country Delegation? Yes
Legal Status: CRC is officially recognised by the Royal Government as an auxiliary to the public authorities in humanitarian services. The National Law is represented by the Two Royal Decrees: the Recognition of the Cambodian Red Cross and the Use and Protection of the Red Cross or Red Crescent Emblem signed the Royal Decrees on 6 May 2002.
Key Persons: President Mme Bun Rany HunSen, Secretary General Mme Pum Chantinie
Major Partners: Australian Red Cross, Japanese Red Cross, Finnish Red Cross, Red Cross Society of China, IFRC, ICRC, Danish Red Cross, World Mate
Volunteers: Over 200,000 members (2014), 20,456 Red Cross Volunteers and 29,099 Red Cross Youth.
- Cambodian Red Cross Disaster Management Guideline
- Community-Based Disaster Preparedness Series: Training Manual on Disaster Preparedness
- Community-Based Disaster Preparedness Series: Training Manual: Mobilizing Communities – Community Based Disaster Preparedness
- Community-Based Disaster Preparedness Series: Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment
- Community-Based Disaster Preparedness Series: Village Disaster Reduction Plan (CBDP Refresher Course)
- Disaster Response Teams: Standard Operational Procedures (2010)
- Cambodian Red Cross Disaster Risk Reduction Operational Scheme (2013)