BRUNEI DARUSSALAM RED CRESCENT SOCIETY

The Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society was originally established in 1948 as a branch of the British Red Cross. When in 1984 Brunei gained full independence, the Brunei Red Cross Society was renamed Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society. In 1997, the National Society was recognized by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. As of July 2015, the National Society does not have any paid staff, rather the Secretary General works with an informal task force to manage the National Society and conduct activities.

Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society

Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society, P.O. Box 1080, Bandar Seri Begawan

Branch Offices: Four branches located throughout the country, with headquarters located in the country’s capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan.

Date Established. Formed: 01 August 1983. Recognised by ICRC: 06 November 1996. Admitted into IFRC: 20 November 1997

Funding: Resources are generated through support from individual contributions in cash and in-kind, National Society leaders, public sector, private companies and government departments. The National Society receives limited financial support from the government

Legal Status: The Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society is not classified as a non-governmental organisation. Instead, it has a special role in accordance with the Constitution of Brunei Darussalam.

Membership: Approximately 1,300 Brunei Darussalam Red Crescent Society’s membership is divided into three main groups: cadets, youth volunteers and general volunteers. Currently, the Society has over 1,000 members, with secondary school pupils making up the majority

Key persons: President: Mr. Julaini LATIP. Secretary General: Mr. Sheikh Kadir ABDULLAH

Volunteers: 910 (as of 2015)

Search:
Filter:

Themes:

Resource types:

Select page: of 3

Leave a Reply