This fact sheet looks at why violence is a great human challenge and gives strategic directions to address violence within the strategic aims and enabling actions outlined in IFRC’s Strategy 2020.
Strategic aims include:
- saving lives, protecting livelihoods, and strengthening recovery from disasters and crises;
- enabling healthy and safe living;
- promoting social inclusion and a culture of non-violence and peace.
Enabling actions include:
- building strong national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies;
- pursuing humanitarian diplomacy to prevent and reduce vulnerability;
- functioning effectively as the IFRC.
Usage: Guidance for project implementation
Audiences: Technical staff
You might be interested in these resources:
- Presentation: Linking Framework with Strategy 2020 and Community Resilience
- Gender Policy