- This event has passed.
ASSI Regional Training and Learning Exchange Workshop on School Disaster Management | 24-26 January 2018 | Bangkok, Thailand
24 January , 2018 - 26 January , 2018
Representatives from IFRC Bangkok and the Thai Red Cross Society participated in the ASEAN Safe School Initiative (ASSI) regional training and learning exchange workshop on School Disaster Management (SDM) which was held in Bangkok during 24-26 January 2018. Also participated were representatives from ASEAN member states, NGOs and the ASEAN Secretariat.
The participants also visited the Sang-Um school (school safety project implemented by Plan International) to learn about good practices and strategies for school disaster management.
- To enhance SDM capacity of government officials and other school safety practitioners in the region;
- To provide a platform for knowledge exchange; and
- To sustain discussion on school safety to further the goals of ASSI.
- Each country has developed an action plan on how to promote SDM in their country.
- Each country will have a platform to promote school safety at a national level.