Purpose: The documents aims to help children and their families to understand disaster risks and what practical steps to take before, during and after disaster to reduce the risk of loss of live and livelihood. It is designed for teachers and leaners to share knowledge with friends, families and neighbours to live more safely.
Overview: The documents outlines information on disaster risks and disaster preparedness for children in school for better disaster risk reduction and response. It includes 8 lessons as followed:
- Lesson 1 Hazards and Disasters: definitions, differences, types, when and where they occur
- Lesson 2 Floods: definition and types, causes and effects, things should be done before, during and after floods.
- Lesson 3 Tropical low-depressions and typhoons: definition, causes and effects, things should be done
- Lesson 4 Landslides: definition, causes and effects, things should be done
- Lesson 5 Drought: definition, causes and effects, things should be done
- Lesson 6 Other Hazards: such as fire, whirlwind, hailstorm, definition, causes and effects, things should be done
- Lesson 7 People and their effects on hazards and disasters
- Lesson 8 Vietnam Red Cross Society Pioneers and disaster preparedness
Usage: Guidance for project implementation
Audience: Communication staff, Volunteers
For Vietnamese version, click here Vietnamese, size 16 MB
You might be interested in these resources:
- Community Action for Disaster Response (CADRE) in Emergency
- Introduction to Disaster Management for people living at the Commune Level