The Asia Regional Plan seeks to guide and support the national implementation of the Sendai Framework, but is not a replacement of national plans. It does so by identifying priorities at regional activities to support national and local actions, enhance exchange of good practice, knowledge and information among governments and stakeholders, in addition to strengthening regional cooperation to support the implementation of the Sendai Framework.
This regional plan aims to provide:
- Broad policy direction to guide the implementation of the Sendai Framework in the context of the 2030 sustainable development agendas in the region;
- Long term road map, spanning the 15-year horizon of the Sendai Framework outlining a chronological pathway for implementation of priorities to achieve seven global targets;
- Two-year action plan with specific activities that are prioritized based on the long term road map and in line with the policy direction.
This regional plan is one of the main outcome documents of the AMCDRR in November 2016 in New Delhi, India.
The regional plan details, among which,:
- The policy direction for implementation of the Sendai Framework in Asia at the regional, national and local levels: (i) Coherence and integration (ii) Guiding principles and (iii) Enabling environment.
- The Road Map for implementation of the Sendai Framework in Asia, with the key milestones by 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2030.
- Two-year Action plan (2017-2018) through regional, national and local level actions
- Implementation and monitoring of the Asia Regional Plan
Usage: Policy reference
Audience: National Society leaders and disaster risk management managers.
You might be interested in these resources:
- Philippines: Typhoon Haiyan Three-year progress report (November 2016)
- New Delhi Declaration 2016 – Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) 2016