The series provide the DRR practitioners with practical guidance on how to plan and implement community-based disaster risk reduction (CBDRR) programmes with a particular focus on training of CBDRR practitioners.
The general objective of this training is that field practitioners will be able to apply the theories and practical tools used in Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction to help in building safer and more resilient communities jointly with the population who are at risk to disasters.
The course is designed for a 7-day training, inclusive of 2 days of field visit.
- Module 1: Introduction: Module 1
- Module 2: CBDRR – A framework for reducing risks: Module 2
- Module 3: Details of the CBDRR Process: Module 3
- Module 4: Documenting good practices and lessons learned in CBDRR: Module 4
- Module 5: Advocacy for sustaining CBDRR programs: Module 5
- Module 6: Next Step: Module 6
Usage: Guidance for project implementation
Audience: Technical staff, Volunteers
The CBDRR guides are available in series of:
- For CBDRR curriculum, click, Curriculum
- For Participation work book, click Participant’s Workbook, size 11 MB
- For CBDRR Training Kit, click Training Kit, size 6 MB
Author: ADPC, DFID, European Commission, IFRC, Swedish Red Cross
Publication date: April 20, 2009
Status: Final Type: PDF Size (MB): Size: 7.48
Theme(s): Disaster risk reduction
Resource type: Guidelines, Training materials
You might be interested in these resources:
- Snake Board Game
- Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction for Field Practitioners – Supplement for Facilitator’s Guide