- This event has passed.
First ASEAN Conference on School Safety | 16-17 December 2015 | Phnom Penh, Cambodia
16 December , 2015 8:00 am - 17 December , 2015 5:00 pm UTC+7
The ASEAN Committee on Disaster Management (ACDM), the ASEAN Safe Schools Initiative (ASSI) and the ASEAN Secretariat held the first ASEAN Regional Conference on School Safety on 16-17 December 2015, in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The objectives of this conference are as follows:
- Exchange knowledge and share learnings on school safety programming
- Discuss and promote the ASEAN Common Framework for Comprehensive School Safety as an operational modality for regional collaboration and cooperation towards a programmatic approach for school safety implementation, and a tool for monitoring national and regional progress.
- Discuss the ways forward for school safety in the ASEAN region vis-à-vis new regional and global developments on disaster risk reduction, taking into consideration of the Sendai Framework for DRR 2015-2030 and the upcoming AADMER Work Programme 2016-2020.
For more information, please visit AADMER partnership website.
Below are the presentations delivered and discussed during the conference:
Presentation: ASEAN Common Framework for Comprehensive School Safety
Presentation: Overview of ASSI and AADMER
Presentation: Comprehensive School Safety Framework and World Initiative for Safer Schools
Presentation: Overview of ASEAN Cooperation on Education
Presentation: Worldwide Initiative for Safe Schools (and ASSI’s Contribution)
Presentation: Country Baseline and Targets Template – Comprehensive School Safety
Presentation: Thailand – The Ways Forward for School Safety in Thailand
Presentation: Singapore – Keeping Schools Safe and Secured
- Red Cross Red Crescent Movement Engaging in the ASEAN School Safety Initiative (ASSI) (IFRC, 2015)
- Red Cross Red Crescent engagement in School Safety – a focus on Southeast Asia
For more information on ASSI and the case studies, visit: ASEAN Safe School Initiative (ASSI) page