Purpose: The material is developed to to support the training activity on Disaster preparedness for households in the Integrated Disaster Preparedness Project funded by Federal Foreign Office of Germany and German Red Cross through Vietnam Red Cross Society implemented in Thua Thien Hue province.
Overview: The documents outlines lessons on hazards, disasters and disaster preparedness. It includes 8 parts as followed:
- Lesson 1 Hazards and Disasters: definitions, types.
- Lesson 2 Climate change: definition, expressions and effects, responses.
- Lesson 3 Disaster management in households: definition, things should be done
- Lesson 4 Plan for disaster management in households: Four mottos, important steps, templates
- Lesson 5 Evacuation and things should be done during evacuating: definition, kinds, criteria of evacuation place, what should be prepared, templates.
- Lesson 6 Guidance for safe house retrofitting in stormy and rainy season: purposes, principles, necessary things to do, implementation steps
- Lesson 7 Light first aids and search & rescue in disaster response: definitions, objectives, steps, skills.
Audience: Communication staff, Volunteers
For Vietnamese version, click here Vietnamese, size 2 MB
You might be interested in these resources:
- Introduction to Disaster Management for people living at the Commune Level
- School Safety Guidance