The ‘Toolkit’ is targeted at practitioners responsible for implementing recovery programmes, their objective to provide a ‘how to’ guide on development, implementing and managing complex post-disaster recovery programmes. It has been developed by the Tsunami Global Lessons Learned Project Steering Committee (TGLLP-SC) in partnership with the Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre (ADPC).
Ten years have passed since the Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami of December 2004. With a view to gathering, learning and sharing from experiences of the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and other disasters in the region that occurred between 1993 and 2013, the Tsunami Global Lessons Learned Project (TGLLP) was created. The project sought to deliver three principle outcomes: a global lessons learned study, a Discovery Channel documentary tracking the recovery, and a disaster recovery toolkit for recovery practitioners.
The TGLLP Disaster Recovery Toolkit contains six books that can be downloaded here:
- Handbook for Disaster Recovery Practitioners
- Training Manual – Learning Workshop on Recovery and Reconstruction
- Guidance on Critical Facilities
- Guidance on Housing
- Guidance on Land Use Planning
- Guidance on Livelihood
Usage: Guidance for project implementation
Audience: Technical staff, Volunteers
Reference: 2015, Disaster Recovery Toolkit, Tsunami Global Lessons Learned Project www.adpc.net/tgllp/drt
You might be interested in these resources:
- Disaster Recovery Toolkit: Training Manual – Learning Workshop on Recovery and Reconstruction
- Disaster Recovery Toolkit: Guidance on Livelihood