Within Southeast Asia, gender inequality remains great a challenge that negatively impacts human development and economic growth. It not only contributes to discrimination and exclusion from access to resources, public services, education, health care services and employment, and to gender-based violence but it also increases the vulnerability of women, girls, men and boys of certain groups.
IFRC recognizes the importance of incorporating a Gender and Diversity framework into all policies and programs because there is substantial evidence worldwide (and within the region) of its negative impacts on women, girls, boys and men when humanitarian assistance is not adequately sensitive to Gender or Diversity considerations.
Protecting and increasing Gender and Diversity equality is an integral part of IFRC’s goal to promote respect for diversity and human dignity, and to reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion. When Gender and Diversity equality is actively promoted, it can positively transform and enhance individual lives as well as societies as a whole. By advancing Gender equality and embracing Diversity, the impact of many other humanitarian problems can be reduced.
The aim of the Southeast Asia Regional Gender and Diversity Network is to strengthen cooperation amongst Southeast Asia Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies so as to better address the challenges of Gender and Diversity inequality in Southeast Asia.
Steering Committee Meeting for the Regional Resilience Initiative (RRI) | 16 May 2018 | Bangkok, Thailand16 May
- 2 May - 3 May
- 12 December , 2017 - 14 December , 2017
Gender and Diversity Approaches to Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment Training | 4-8 December 2017 | Kampong Chhnang | Cambodia4 December , 2017 - 8 December , 2017
- 21 November , 2017 8:00 am - 22 November , 2017 5:00 pm UTC+7
- Terms of Reference of Southeast Asia Regional Gender and Diversity Network
- Updates on Gender and Diversity Network – Nov 2015
- Updates of Gender and Diversity – Nov 2015
- Updates on Gender and Diversity Network – Jun 2015
- First Annual Gender and Diversity Network – Nov 2014
- First powerpoint presentation during the gender and Diversity Network Teleconference