A two-day training in Healthy Ageing for Cambodian Red Cross volunteers was held by Cambodian Red Cross, IFRC and Pfizer Inc., respectively in :
- Prey Veng Province, 4-5 July 2017
- Svay Rieng Province, 6-7 July 2017
- Kampot Province, 11-12 July 2017
The main objective of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills for Cambodian Red Cross volunteers so that they are able to provided education to target community on healthy ageing.
Achievements of the training sessions:
- Healthy Ageing is one of the main agendas or key priorities of Provincial Red Cross Branches.
- The outcomes and results from the training on healthy ageing for volunteers will be summarized and presented to Red Cross Committee.
- The commitment and the leadership roles from Cambodian Red Cross National Head Quarters and Provincial Red Cross Branches are the key achievements of these three training courses.
- The training toolkit has been translated into Khmer local language which proofreading and validating by the team of health experts from central and provincial levels.
- IEC materials and health education brochures have been addressed and encouraged by Mme. Pum Chantinie, Secretary General, to develop it and to simplify it to use by volunteers in communities.
- Related programme: Healthy Ageing Programme by Cambodian Red Cross
- Report of this workshop | Report of the outreach sessions conducted after this workshop
- Healthy Ageing Training of Trainers Workshop held before this workshop
See related resources:
- Healthy Ageing Toolkit for facilitators, volunteers and community, available in both English and Cambodian/Khmer versions
- Healthy Ageing Facilitator Guide for teaching community volunteers, available in both English and Cambodian/Khmer versions
- Healthy Ageing Volunteer Guide for empowering communities, available in both English and Cambodian/Khmer versions