The document is developed by Cambodia Red Cross (CRC) in accordance with its Strategy 2003-2010 and aim to be used as policy guidance for disaster preparedness and response in order to attain the improvement in its humanitarian services to vulnerable people who are affected by disaster.
The document are part of the package of document includes “Guidelines for Emergency Response (2007)”; “The Principles and basic Rules of CRC in Disaster relief”; “Disaster Preparedness Policy”; “Emergency Response Policy”; “Standard Operating procedures for CRC Disaster Response Team” (see links to related documents below).
It includes two major parts:
- The principles and basic rules of CRC in disaster relief: consisting Fundamental Principles of Roles, Duties, Coordination, Ways and Means of humanitarian assistance; Principles of Disaster Preparedness in National Relief Plans, Preparedness of CRC, Agreements on Mutual Assistance; Principles in National Disaster Relief Assistance.
- The policy of disaster preparedness and emergency response: consisting scope, statements, resources, cooperation and responsibility
Usage: Policy development, Guidance for project implementation
Audience: National society leadership, Technical staff
- For legal tool package, click here Legal Tools for Disaster Response and Preparedness for more details
- For other legal tools in the package, click here “Guidelines for Emergency Response (2007)”;”Standard Operating Procedures for Disaster Response Teams (2007)“, “Memorandum of Understanding between the National Committee for Disaster Management and Cambodian Red Cross (2007)“
You might be interested in these resources:
- Guidelines for Emergency Response (2007)
- Standard Operating Procedures for Disaster Response Teams (2007)