The training manual is prepared by the Cambodian Red Cross for the training of Red Cross Volunteers. The manual is a part of the Community-based disaster preparedness (CBDP) series of 4 manuals:
- Community-based disaster preparedness training manual
- Training manual – Mobilizing communities in community based disaster preparedness
- Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment – Community based disaster preparedness (this manual)
- Village disaster reduction plan
The series was produced with financial support from the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and technical support from the International Institute for Disaster Risk Management (IDRM). It was developed using previous training manuals and revised according to the lessons learned from experiences in the implementation CBDP.
Overview: The document includes sessions on Participatory Risk Assessment (PRA); components of HVCA; hazard assessment; vulnerability assessment; and capacity assessment.
Usage: Guidance for implementation
Audience: National Society staff and volunteers
You might be interested in these resources:
- Cambodian Red Cross Disaster Risk Reduction Operational Scheme
- Training Manual: Mobilizing Communities – Community Based Disaster Preparedness