The guidelines provides advice on how to carry out an assessment and a framework for the assessment, especially in the context of emergency. The guidelines are designed for all members of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and generalists.
The guidelines outline:
- Chapters 1-3: General concepts such as: project cycle, vulnerability and capacity framework, aims and types of assessment.
- Chapters 4-8: focus on the assessment process including planning, fieldwork, analysis and reporting.
- Chapters 9-10: detail the content of an assessment, especially elements to look at to understand the emergency situation.
Usage: Guidance for project implementation, Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
Audience: Technical staff, Volunteers
You might be interested in these resources:
- Panduan Pelatih “Vulnerability Capacity Assessment” (VCA) in Bahasa Indonesia
- 12th Annual South-East Asia Red Cross Red Crescent Leadership Meeting