Guidelines from the Sphere Project and, more recently, from the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support inform the work of the Red Cross Red Crescent and are central to this book.
The IASC Task Force on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings, which included the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and many other international organisations, such as WHO, UNICEF and Save the Children, collaborated on the development of the guidelines.
These guidelines, published in 2007, characterize the wide range of work undertaken in the field at four levels:
- in meeting people’s needs for basic services and security
- in strengthening community and family supports
- in offering focused, non-specialised supports and
- in providing specialised services
Audience: Technical staff, Volunteers, Youth
For Thai version, click here ภาษาไทย, size 5 MB
You might be interested in these resources:
- Volunteer Training for First Aid (in Thai)
- Community-based psychosocial support: Trainer’s Book – A training kit