Purpose: The purpose of this ‘Facilitator Guidebook’ is to help the Course Coordinator deliver and document consistently high-quality CBDRR training courses. The package contains supporting documents aim to provide practical advice and forms.
Overview: The course curriculum consists of 2 core modules (Module 2-3). Furthermore, there is the optional Module 4 which is only being taught during a ToT as well as the introductory module “Understanding the Basics” which is only conducted during the standard CBDRR Training. In the next paragraphs, all 4 Modules are shortly presented:
- Module 1: Understanding the Basics: introduces the participants to the basics of CBDRR implementation of MRCS, general aspects of CBDRR in the context of Myanmar.
Module 2: Implementing the Program: introduces the participants to the 9 CBDRR steps that are followed by MRCS when implementing community- and school-based programs and key points
Module 3: Ensuring Sustainability: introduces the participants to two aspects that are often forgotten when it comes to program implementation
Module 4: Being a Facilitator:introduces the participants to facilitation skills and some exercises are carried out that willhelp the participants to be a facilitator of the course themselves in the end.
Usage: Guidance for project implementation
Audience: Technical staff, Communication staff, Volunteers
For Burmese version, click here Burmese/Myanmar version, file size: 2.4 MB
Myanmar Red Cross Society Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction series consists also of:
- Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Manual
- Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Step-by-Step Methodology
- Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Framework Participants Handbook
You might be interested in these resources:
- Malaysia RC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) from 2005
- Addressing the Needs of the Most Vulnerable Communities through Identification and Selection of At-Risk Project Sites