The background paper seeks to inform the position of the IFRC on the key priority areas of intervention in the coming years in the field of climate change and urbanization to ensure that future evolving risks are effectively integrated into resilience building activities.
The paper was prepared for 9th Asia Pacific Regional Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, Beijing, China, 2014.
The document outlines:
- Brief description of the background to this issue in the International Federation
- Current situation/activities of the National Societies in respect to the topic
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats analysis from National societies on the issue
- Reflections and lessons learned
- Looking into the Future
Usage: Policy reference
Audience: National Society Leaders and Managers
You might be interested in these resources:
- Programmatic directions for the Red Cross and Red Crescent in building urban community resilience in the Asia Pacific Region
- PMI key policies, strategic plan and operational plan 2014-2019